digitalswitzerland is a Swiss-wide, cross-sector initiative that aims to strengthen and anchor Switzerland as a leading digital research and innovation location. The umbrella organization, comprising both Association and Foundation, includes more than 240 members from renowned companies, SMEs and startups, cities and cantons, decision-makers from politics and administration, technical colleges and universities, associations and NGOs.
We see digital solutions as paving the way for a sustainable future and as a driver for accelerating innovation in this domain and for sustainable solutions. This is why we create new digital and sustainable lighthouses and support initiatives that lead the way.
We believe that education is key to ensure Switzerland’s continued prosperity and innovative strength. In dialogue with society, administration, politics, and academia, we set the course for a high-performing digital workforce pipeline.
- Manage operational implementation of national projects and campaigns to achieve our impact in the field of our eSustainability strategy
- Support the implementation and development of our strategy in the field of eSustainability
- Cultivate and develop partnerships and value networks for the implementation of our projects along with members, partners, governmental institutions, research facilities etc.
- Ensure smooth project implementation, including delivering on KPIs, meeting quality expectations and assessing impact
- Ensure impact though cross-organisational collaboration and synergies, especially amongst our members
- Support fundraising efforts and sponsor acquisition
- Organize workshops in cooperation with partner organisations and other stakeholders
The experience and skills we are looking for:
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in managing projects
- Knowledge and interest in the field of sustainability
- Strong project management skills, including task and team management, quality management and impact orientation
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, able to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels and from different types of organisations (private sector, NGO, public administrations etc.)
- Familiarity with running workshops, webinars and/or collaborative processes
- Entrepreneurial spirit, motivated to work in a small team, a dynamic and agile environment, open to adapt and learn on the job on a daily basis
- Strong can-do approach, dares to experiment with new ideas and change course if necessary
- German native language, proficient in spoken and written English is a minimum requirement, good French skills are a strong asset
At digitalswitzerland you are contributing to a purposeful mission while having the opportunity to develop your skills and professional network. In our dynamic organisation, you can bring in your individual strengths to advance our mission, master interesting challenges along the way and help develop our existing campaigns and programs. From day one you will work both independently and as part of the team who cares about your success. We offer a flexible workplace in Zurich, Bern or Lausanne with the possibility to work remotely. digitalswitzerland is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Please send us your CV and a cover letter based on the following questions:
- Briefly explain your motivation to join digitalswitzerland and why you believe your profile is suitable.
- List your three main skills and for each skill, give us a short example of how this has helped you move a project forward.