We are excited to add a talented Innovation Associate to our team. Most Swiss businesses find internationalization to India challenging. The innovation team at Swissnex in India helps them analyze the market, strategize go to market approaches and build their business model based on potential customer feedback. Apart from direct market entry; Swiss businesses also look to India for inspiration, technology scouting and learning to build affordable and accessible products. The innovation team helps our stakeholders to realize their goals.
Swissnex is committed to advancing areas that are important for the future of both the countries like health resilience, decarbonisation and digital transformation through our work. If working in innovation on these topics resonate with you, we invite you to apply.
How can this role add to your profile?
- Development and demonstration of intercultural competence.
- International work experience in India, the world’s 5th biggest economy.
- Become comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Learn what it takes to support an innovation at different stages.
- Still wondering if this role could be for you? See examples of what our alumni are up to (1), (2) and (3).
- Onboarding and operations of Indo-Swiss innovation platform on sustainability
- Build a community of private sector (at least 10-15) with ambitious net zero targets and innovators offering putative solutions from both the countries.
- Establish a channel for continuous engagement.
- Project coordination for market discovery program and business delegations including identification of relevant B2B contacts, managing itinerary, and accompanying delegates on relevant visits.
- Communication and content
- Prepare content for Swissnex in India’s startup support activities such as blogs, pitch decks, and other formats.
- Represent Swissnex in external networking events in India.
- Maintain a vibrant entrepreneurs alumni community.
- Stakeholder management by providing India insights to Swiss stakeholders via relevant channels.
- You are graduating before September 2023 or have graduated within the last 12 months.
- You are either a Swiss citizen or have a valid Permit C.
- You master the English language, and you have impeccable attention to detail.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in business | economics | STEM with business interest | or other fields.
- You are comfortable and curious, eager to engage with topics that might not be your core expertise.
- You enjoy working with stakeholders ranging from students to established researchers but also innovators from the private sector, in industry and startups.
- A plus point would be experience in proposal writing and / or fundraising, including the preparation of pitch decks.
- You have a voracious appetite for knowledge, are comfortable pushing yourself to constantly learn something new, often outside of your comfort zone, are able to stick your neck out with informed opinions when required, and you actively seek out new skills or better ways to do things.
- You are quick to react to emerging demands, proactively engage in projects and pick up different types of work quickly whenever needed.
- You genuinely enjoy working with other people as well as independently, and you like to share a good laugh at the office occasionally.
- A flat, non-hierarchical, open culture in the context of a diplomatic mission.
- Cutting-edge learning opportunities.
- The opportunity to take up leading roles in projects in the academic engagement team.
- A unique opportunity to experience India. You can expect a high level of camaraderie within the team and with the other associates.
- This internship presents a thrilling prospect for a 10-month period, commencing from September 1st, 2023 and concluding on June 30th, 2024.
- Assistance in housing and the visa process.
- Monthly living allowance of CHF 1200, which will be converted into INR based on the exchange rate at the time of signing the contract.​​
- 16.5 days of paid leave and up to 15 days of a mix of Indian and Swiss public holidays.
About Swissnex in India
At Swissnex in India, Consulate General of Switzerland we connect Swiss and Indian universities, startups, and corporates to foster the exchange of ideas, knowledge, and talent. We work across disciplines and are active in a broad range of fields, from how to tackle antimicrobial resistances to how to rapidly decarbonise large sectors of the economy, to how to empower physically disabled people in their digital lives, and many more.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so early applications are encouraged. To apply: