As a Group Sustainability Manager in ABB’s group sustainability team, you will make a substantial contribution to the evolution of ABB’s sustainability strategy, apply and build your expertise in the area of sustainable value chain development as well as internal and external stakeholder engagement. You will become a valuable member of the Group Sustainability team in Zurich, Switzerland, and contribute to the wider sustainability community. The role will entail working closely with the corporate sustainability reporting team, the procurement team, the research & development team, the business development & customer teams, finance and investors relations and other departments across ABB.
- Contributes to the effective risk management of sustainability-related issues in the business by providing expert advice
- Collects, analyzes, and reports on performance, utilizing sustainability KPIs
- Tracks, assesses, and reports on emerging trends and sustainability-related requirements and legislation
- Maintains external awareness and perspective, acting as an expert with consulting responsibilities related to program knowledge and trends.
- Works closely with the business areas to identify, define and follow up on the sustainability strategy and business plans, and support the implementation.
- Supports the integration of the Group-wide sustainability strategy into the business area and divisional strategies.
- Provides sustainability expertise and assists the organization in understanding obligations, liabilities, and stakeholder expectations, and in establishing clear roles and responsibilities.
- Ensures the optimized delivery and use of global information (e.g. regulatory, customer, competitor, business, market) in the business decision-making process.
- Engages external stakeholders (e.g. customers, suppliers, rating providers, regulatory authorities) and internal stakeholders to report on, raise awareness of, gain commitment to and obtain objective feedback on ABB’s sustainability efforts and performance.
- Demonstrable passion for sustainability
- University degree or PhD with a focus on sustainability in the corporate context
- Approximately 10 years work experience in relevant fields such as sustainability management or sustainability consulting
- Ability to deliver excellent results in a fast-paced environment and under time pressure
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent Microsoft PowerPoint skills and solid understanding of Microsoft Excel and Power BI
- Team spirit and global mindset
- Professional fluency in English
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.