At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 10,700 employees from over 100 countries come together at our Basel/Kaiseraugst site, which is one of Roche`s largest sites. Read more.
At Roche, we are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action - we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. Sustainability is part of Roche’s DNA. Our medicines and diagnostics solutions are a critical part of our contribution to a healthy society. For decades, protecting the environment has been part of our history and we believe that sustainability means much more. It is integrated into Roche’s corporate vision, values, operating standards and guidelines. For more information please see here: https://www.roche.com/about/sustainability
- You refine, develop and execute the Group Sustainability vision, strategies, goals and priorities based on guidance given by the Corporate Executive Committee and Board of Directors; You will build a framework for Corporate Sustainability to analyse and prioritize topics and to foster decision making
- You will lead the Group Sustainability Team and work in close partnership with various functions across the Roche Group (e.g. People & Culture, Divisions, Finance, Communications and Procurement ) making a tangible impact for Roche’s sustainability goals
- You propose to the Corporate Executive Committee impactful sustainability targets and programes co-created and/or aligned with key stakeholders; engage with and present regularly to the Board of Directors’ Corporate Governance and Sustainability Committee
- You will install a strong sense of accountability for our sustainability goals at the local as well as global level, bring cohesion and clarity at the enterprise level to deliver truly net positive results
- You guide and assist the Roche Group Entities and Corporate Functions in their sustainability efforts from assessment to target setting, program development, and reporting
- You will develop and manage budget for sustainability program development and implementation with an emphasis on aligning resource needs within existing operation budgets
- You edit the Group’s Sustainability Report as per international standards and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure adequate communication on sustainability issues to internal and external stakeholders
- You will represent Roche professionally and effectively with external stakeholders building up strong networks and collaborations
Who you are
We're looking for a passionate, visionary and deeply experienced Sustainability Leader who already has gained an exceptionally good reputation in the field of sustainability and who can revert to a well established network with other Sustainability Leaders in the market. You’re someone who can embed sustainability in all business activities and further position sustainability successfully, internally and externally, delivering a net positive impact for the organisation and the society. You think strategically and you are a true “system thinker” being able to communicate and collaborate across all levels. You bring along VACC attributes (Visionary, Architect, Coach, Catalyst), inspiring and motivating others and you are committed to work in a networked setting where teams are accountable to take decisions and make impact.
Qualifications and Experience
- You are an inspiring, seasoned and strategic senior leader; You combine a subject matter expertise with 10+ years of deep and proven experience in the sustainability field, ideally in the health industry. You can rely on your established networks in sustainability
- You have a strong business acumen, innovation, and holistic thinking mindset and you are a sophisticated strategic and conceptual thinker; you have demonstrated success in achieving effective ‘net positive’ sustainability strategies and initiatives on a global scale
- You keep up-to-date knowledge about international sustainability standards and trends, frameworks, guidelines and legal regulations, as well as about sustainability methods and techniques
- You bring transformation and change management skills as well as coaching and mentoring capabilities
- You are able to drive and support cultural and organisational changes and have a strong awareness of connecting the right people being a natural “networker”; You live and foster the Roche Operating Principles
- You are experienced in working in an agile work environment and in managing highly matrixed teams and multiple stakeholders at all levels
- You have the ability to foster positive partnerships and deal with complexity as well as divergent views through effective influencing, negotiation and conflict management skills
- You seek to understand different perspectives and needs, gain broad stakeholder buy-in, and co-creation
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of sensitivity as well as proven abilities to translate multiple topics in an effective and comprehensive way for various audiences
- You have very strong overall communication skills in English, ideally also in German or French
We are strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to build teams that represent a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Embracing diversity enables us to create a great place to work and to innovate for patients.
Apply now - we look forward to hearing from you!
We look forward to receiving your application with a current resume. Please note before sending the application that no further documents can be added afterwards.